Friday, April 23, 2010

Bitter Sweet Firsts

Sometimes as parents we get so wrapped up in wanting our children to accomplish the next big step in life that we often forget how sad that feeling can really be upon reflection. I catch more and more glimpses of a little boy rather than my toddler these days and my baby is just not a baby anymore! With Cruz fully walking everywhere now and on the move, I knew deep down it was only a matter of time before the bumps and bruises would arise. He had his first big fall and nearly scared me to death this past week. I love watching a new walker; their teetering and tottering back and forth like a confused penguin! Cruz is still working on good balance and usually falls to his bottom, but this time he slipped and fell forward, hitting his noggin on the hinge of a storage ottoman in our entryway! Of all things to hit, how he managed that one is beyond me. No stitches or concussion, but a nice-sized goose egg and lots of tears. I miss the crawling days already!
Zane got to ride a horse and pet baby bears for the first time while visiting Cub Fest at Bear Country USA. It was an exciting day for him and us. The simplest things can sometimes really tug at your heart. I watched Zane and Sean from a distance as they rounded a corner to complete their horse-riding trail. Luckily, I had my zoom lens on my camera, so I was able to really see the joy and laughter of a moment to remember shared by father and son. It was so touching and I knew our little boy was one step closer towards independence. Bitter sweet..

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet memories of the sweetest boys ever. Isn't it wonderful being a mother? It's the best honor in the entire world. Love you all and see ya soon.

    ReplyDelete